- Print Date
- Print Duration
- 1 hour, 34 minutes, 31 seconds
- Paper Size
- 11×14 in.
- Distance Drawn
- 66.30 m
An audio visualisation of the opening riff to David Bowie’s track “Let’s Dance”. Commissioned by a family member, this piece forms part of my Riff Loop series where a repeating section of a song is cropped and plotted as a never-ending circular riff. In this case, the riff appears at approximately 00:07-00:24 through the track. Each line represents a moment of sound in the track.
- Audio split into 360 averaged samples per channel
- Radial layout uses one line per degree of rotation, per channel
- Each channel’s rotation offset by an additional 0.25 degrees to produce increased colour variation
- Backing Synth/Percussion are plotted as yellow, Drums are magenta, Bass is cyan, and the Guitar is black
Staedtler Pigment Liner— 0.2mmBlack, 308 02-9, Archival ink
Staedtler Pigment Liner— 0.5mmYellow, 308 05-10, Archival ink
Staedtler Pigment Liner— 0.5mmLight Blue, 308 05-30, Archival ink
Staedtler Pigment Liner— 0.5mmFuchsia, 308 05-61, Archival ink